Buying a new laptop- Questionnaire filled out.

Oct 13, 2018
1. What is your budget? At max $600 US

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? At least a 15" screen

3. What screen resolution do you want? Whatever goes along with a 15" screen

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable

5. How much battery life do you need? I mostly use my laptop on the charger so this really doesn't matter.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I am an avid Sims fan, so I play the Sims 4 mostly. I don't need it to run the game on Ultra settings or anything like that. I just want a smooth play on decent settings.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) I do some Photoshop work here and there, some writing, but mostly internet use.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 1TB would be nice, but I'll take lower that that on an SSD. More than 128GB though, please.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? The laptop I'm currently typing this on has lasted me seven years, so I'd like something for the long run.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD/CD ROM preferred.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I'm open to any reputable brand.

13. What country do you live in? US

Solution

Most laptops nowadays don't come with an optical drive. Get something like this will be fine: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?reviews=all&Item=9SIA14J0CE0604&cm_re=external_cd_drive-_-9SIA14J0CE0604-_-Product
Oct 13, 2018

Its great other than the fact it doesn't have an Optical Drive. I would prefer if the laptop I picked had one since I collect music CDs and I want a way to get them into my music library. (I don't like dealing with iTunes)

vapour

Commendable
Aug 28, 2017

Most laptops nowadays don't come with an optical drive. Get something like this will be fine: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?reviews=all&Item=9SIA14J0CE0604&cm_re=external_cd_drive-_-9SIA14J0CE0604-_-Product

Solution