Buying a silent laptop for a little gaming

Sep 11, 2018
Hey Just by i... Tomshardware. How are you all?

Im looking for a laptop that will run some newer games and wont sound like a vacuum cleaner. Size and looks are secondary.

1. What is your budget?
1.500-2.000$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Not important

5. How much battery life do you need?
Not important

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I want a 1050, preferably a 1050Ti. If we need to go to 1060 for a bigger laptop chassis that will bring better cooling, show me what you got!

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Most importantly, I want it to stay quiet and cool. If it has a 1050(Ti) it can do all I want.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
SSD+HDD would be nice. Having both will automaticly give me enough space, size between them is secondary.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Must be able to order it from Denmark or Norway.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I dont own a laptop and would like it to last, hence the required effective cooling.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Not important.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I have a aversion to Acer. About 8 years ago they had errors on ~30% of their laptops. Im sure it has gotten better seeing how popular they are, but I dont quiet trust how much you get for your money compared to other brands.

13. What country do you live in?
Denmark/Norway

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Most imporant: Low fan noise!
Second most important: Heat!
If those two hits the nail on the head, everything else is secondary.

TRENDING THREADS