Buying good headphones for movies/music + games no mic!! PC

Jerkooo

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016
Hi people,

I would like you to tell me in your personal experience/ that of your friends or that you have red somewhere...
what are good headphones for a PC. (What to buy?)
I watch a lot of things on my PC and play music almoust all the time ( I have a nice stereo sistem at home, but this is for my apartment in the big city and a good stereo setup is out of the question)
I dont know that much about headphones so every advice is helpful!!

I am not an audiophile and im not willing top spend 300$ on hp-s
They sholud be wired.
And durable!
I would wear them half a day so they if it is possible should be comfy.
I would like them to have a good bass and a good surround sound ( i like when you can determine where the sound is really coming from)

Aside from watching movies and listening to music I love to play games
I play all sorts of games, but mostly RPG-s.

So what should i buy??

Thank you all in advance!!
Have a nice day :D:D

Solution
sounds like you may want something like the dt990pro-250.

open back design so they breath, less hot to wear
extremely comfortable design
decent soundstaging (for positional audio)
most open cans lack bass however these have a fair bit

no headphones have surround sound. some headsets have multiple drivers per ear but that is better on paper than in practice. the other option is virtual surround sound and you can add that yourself with software or a soundcard.

the dt990 does need to be amped. something like the schiit magni 2 would be what i would suggest.

other options..

dt880 - if you want less bass less treble and more neutral
dt770 - if you want even more bass, closed design and a bit less soundstage
hd598 - if you want a bit...
sounds like you may want something like the dt990pro-250.

open back design so they breath, less hot to wear
extremely comfortable design
decent soundstaging (for positional audio)
most open cans lack bass however these have a fair bit

no headphones have surround sound. some headsets have multiple drivers per ear but that is better on paper than in practice. the other option is virtual surround sound and you can add that yourself with software or a soundcard.

the dt990 does need to be amped. something like the schiit magni 2 would be what i would suggest.

other options..

dt880 - if you want less bass less treble and more neutral
dt770 - if you want even more bass, closed design and a bit less soundstage
hd598 - if you want a bit more mellow. less bass.
k7xx - if you want something a bit flatter in response

when i say less bass i mean average bass levels not poor bass. cans like the ad700x have huge soundstaging (which makes them great for fps games) but not much bass impact. this is what i would consider poor bass.

Solution

Jerkooo

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016
thank you very much!!
i understand the analogy about the bass

I see you watch anime so you can understand me hahaha :p
I watch a lot of stuf, so if i would have to sacrifice bass in order to enjoy a movie/anime or something else i would sacrafice it (if you understand me)

when you say the dt990 have a fair bit of bass, do you mean that they will lack in something else?

can you please suggest some other amp-s, ( if you know some others that are not very expensive) i cant find this particular one anywhere near my country

thank you again :)

dt990 is v-shaped. this means bass levels and treble levels are more prominent than mids. treble can be a little bright but its highly detailed. the dt880 is similar but more flat (not as v-shaped) but without as much bass and with a little edge taken off the treble.

when i said a fair bit of bass please note that many open headphones are bass light generally. closed cans generally pull most of the weight in the budget sector as far as bassy cans are concerned. the dt990 while not having the bass of closed cans like its brethren the dt770 is still considered a little on the bassy side.

schiit magni 2 would be ideal given cost but the o2 amp is also a good choice. the audioengine d1, fiio e10k might work but are a little underpowered.

Jerkooo

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016
Thank you very much for everything
(and your time) :)

i didnt know that schiit can ship to my country so i think i will order from them ( not many companies will ship form USA to croatia... amazon only ships books etc.)
i will look around and see if i can find something as good as that for that price

thank you again :D