Buying laptop. Need help choosing CPU

Gainastyle

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
Hello,

I am buying a laptop for my dad. He wants a laptop to bring around, to watch dvds and rip music from his 1000+ CD collection and surf the web.

I dont need exact laptop suggestions, as i have to buy locally in Norway anyway chances are that most suggestions wont be accessable to me.

So what im asking is which kind of CPUs should i steer away from and which should i look for?
This is a low cost laptop, so im asking about low end CPUs that still perform well.

Thanks in advance

Solution
A laptop with a current 7th generation Intel Core i3-7100u will be fine. What your dad wants to do is not very demanding. However, an even less expensive laptop with a Pentium N3710 CPU should be fine as well; it's a quad core low performance Intel CPU.

I ripped CDs going as far back as 2003 when I was using single core Athlon XP 2600+ CPU and it did not take very long to do.
A laptop with a current 7th generation Intel Core i3-7100u will be fine. What your dad wants to do is not very demanding. However, an even less expensive laptop with a Pentium N3710 CPU should be fine as well; it's a quad core low performance Intel CPU.

I ripped CDs going as far back as 2003 when I was using single core Athlon XP 2600+ CPU and it did not take very long to do.

Solution