Buying Laptop with best features

impulkit

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014
Help friends this is my first post. I am from India. I wanna buy a new laptop. I am a Web Designer, so my work will be full of designing stuff and working with some heavy softwares. I have some very serious doubts in my mind. I want you share some positive reviews with me:

1. Should i5-4th Gen. would be good enough?
2. I have selected few brands like Dell, HP, Sony. Suggest me the best one?
3. Is i5-4200u the best or is their any other i5 processor available in the market which is better then this?
4. I dont wanna buy 3rd Generation Processor based laptop, so please suggest me 4th generation processor only?
5. Nvidia/ Intel/ AMD which graphic card is better?
6. Currently i am using Windows 7 so should i go for Win8.1?

Note: My budget is 55k INR only.

Solution
1. Yes it is, I don't think web designing needs as much processing power as one thinks, you need image editing not video editing or heavy gaming or rendering stuff.
2. Lenovo is another good brand, however there isn't really a best one in my eyes, they all have good and bad laptops.
3. there are better I5s than that, but any further increase isn't really noticeable to most at all, and won't affect your experience much at all.
4. noted. I would argue there's not much difference between the mobile I3s and I5s except for a little clock speed and a slightly higher cache.
5. I tend to trust Nvidea cards more, the only real AMD cards I trust is M290X but that's for ridiculously high end stuff like gaming, however i've only had experience with...
1. Yes it is, I don't think web designing needs as much processing power as one thinks, you need image editing not video editing or heavy gaming or rendering stuff.
2. Lenovo is another good brand, however there isn't really a best one in my eyes, they all have good and bad laptops.
3. there are better I5s than that, but any further increase isn't really noticeable to most at all, and won't affect your experience much at all.
4. noted. I would argue there's not much difference between the mobile I3s and I5s except for a little clock speed and a slightly higher cache.
5. I tend to trust Nvidea cards more, the only real AMD cards I trust is M290X but that's for ridiculously high end stuff like gaming, however i've only had experience with nvidea so i'm a bit biased. Intel is integrated graphics and by definition will be worse than the majority of models.
what's your budget? and we can give you suggestions of possible models.

Solution

impulkit

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014

My Budget is 55000 Indian National Rupees. I have few selections as well. It would be great if you suggest me the best one or any other out of these:
1. HP Pavilion 15-n208TX
2. Dell Inspiron 15 3537561TB2B
3. Dell Inspiron 15R 5537561TB2S
4. SONY VAIO E1413Y PNB
5. HP Envy 15-j110TX

These are in no particular order. It would be great if you can suggest me best out of these or any other. But from only above 3 mentioned brands.

deciwizard

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
What are views about HP pav 15 series, I am also interested in buying a similar built to yours. My suggestion on your needs is that you don't need to go as high as 55k INR, lenovo z510 at 47k in local market is quite good an option for need your needs. But do tell me about your views on HP products as I am looking at HP N208tx which is available at 46.5k in local market.

impulkit

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014

According to my views, Lenovo is not that popular company in indian market. Its a Chinese company. I agree that they are bringing that latest technologies and designs as compared to other brands, but still it lags in lot many aspects like After Sales Service and many more. I also do agree HP has a big brand name in International Market as well as Indian Market. Yes HP N208tx is another excellent model from their bags. But the issue with HPs & Dells & Lenovo is that they have Plastic Matte Finished Body, which makes device looks slightly unrealistic. Although Sony is another brand with Aluminium Body which gives its Device a pro-look, But Sony also lags as its 4th Generation Devices are too costly in India as compared to other brands.

deciwizard

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Is HP n208tx a good laptop to purchase? I am considering it but I have heard a lot about heating problems that come in it. Also in lenovo z510 they are giving i5 - 4200m which is better than 4200u that is given in other brands(HP Dell).

impulkit

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014

I haven't used it yet, But as far as reviews are concerned, those are quite satisfactory. As far as i5-4200m comes, its not that better. It faces heating issues while you one 10-12 windows simultaneously... 4200u is better then 4200m in many aspects.

deciwizard

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
4200u does save a lot of heating as it works on 12w, and 4200m works on 30w. But I have heard Hp laptops' fans give a lot of problem, they are noisy with slight inc of load. Though the new laptops are coming with vents on the side which is good.
How much does 740m 1gb vs 2gb affect on gaming?

TRENDING THREADS