Buying New Antivirus...

Torkilon

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014
Hello Folks,

My Kaspersky Antivirus year is ending in some time and I'm planning to buy something new. I actually had it for free with my Motherboard (Asus Maximus VII Hero).

So, I'm looking forward to pick the Bitdefender. People say it's really good. Also I wanted to know some practical difference between Total Security, Internet Security and normal Antivirus Plus. Prices by the way are pretty low:

> Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 (15€)
> Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 (25€)
> Bitdefender Total Security 2015 (30€)

Suggestions appreciated. What do you think?

P.S. I should note that I'm not sure if I need the extra features of the expanded packages...

Solution
The higher tier you go, the more gimmicky useless bells and whistles you get. The core features are usually all available on the cheapest option.

The most noteworthy bell and whistle extra feature is the firewall, and even that is debatable if you need a 3rd party firewall over Window integrated firewall that work perfectly fine.

migronesien

Estimable
Jun 3, 2015
1. Normal Antivirus
2. " + Firewallfilter, Anti Cloud-Spam, Securityoptions for kids
3. " + Online Cloud, theft protection, encryption

I personally would go for the first one, since i dont use clouds and it's pretty unlikely that my PC gets stolen. :)

CWEric

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
The higher tier you go, the more gimmicky useless bells and whistles you get. The core features are usually all available on the cheapest option.

The most noteworthy bell and whistle extra feature is the firewall, and even that is debatable if you need a 3rd party firewall over Window integrated firewall that work perfectly fine.

Solution

Torkilon

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014

Ha ha ha true. From Tier 2 the only somewhat useful things are Two-Way Firewall and Cloud Antispam. Parental Control is so useless that it shouldn't exist.

From Tier 3 only useful thing is File Encryption and I'm not sure if it's for Cloud or PC files. As for Secure Online Storage and Device Anti-Theft... I don't use cloud storage, I prefer External HDD's. And like "migronesien" said -"it's pretty unlikely that my PC gets stolen"-

Looks like I answered my question on my own. Tier 1 is the way to go :D