Buzzing Acer Aspire4755G

Ahsu

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
Hi all,
I am having issue with my Acer Aspire 4755G,intel core i5,GT540M,windows 7. It recently started buzzing straight after I on it.The buzzing goes away whenever I mute the sound but comes back on when I unmute it. I suspect it is due the microphone as if I move my laptop or the screen it will make a sound as if i tap/move on the mic. I tried disabling the microphones but nothing works. Please help thanks.

Sorry I am not an IT person so deal with me if I don't understand technical terms...

Solution
You said you disabled the mic, but still get the sound as well, so it seems doubtful that the mic is involved. Also that it happens through the speakers as well as headphones makes me wonder if it isn't either a balance issue, or at worst a sound card issue.

I would try updating the drivers. To make sure that isn't the cause. Also, you can try the following to see if it resolves the problem.

1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Make sure you are on the "Playback" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and follow the prompts. (Be sure you also click the "Test" button.)
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in...

Ahsu

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016

Yes,the buzzing sound continues even when using/not using headphones or external speakers. Sorry for the late reply.

You said you disabled the mic, but still get the sound as well, so it seems doubtful that the mic is involved. Also that it happens through the speakers as well as headphones makes me wonder if it isn't either a balance issue, or at worst a sound card issue.

I would try updating the drivers. To make sure that isn't the cause. Also, you can try the following to see if it resolves the problem.

1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Make sure you are on the "Playback" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and follow the prompts. (Be sure you also click the "Test" button.)
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

Solution

Ahsu

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016

Thanks so much for your help! The issue is solved. You are such a savior ^^