Buzzing from one of my speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftyku

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
so i have a 2.5 speaker and i get this very annoying buzzing noise from one of my speakers when i turn the speaker volume on high. with process of eliminations, i ruled out that it was not a speaker / wire problem. it seems like any speaker or wire i plug into my left side port on the sub woofer gets a buzzing noise when turned on high. so it seems like something is wrong with the port (the part where you put + and - wires in). is this something i can fix or find a way around it?

Solution
Do you mean a 2.1 Speaker system... Left/Right plus Subwoofer?

I'm thinking you could try reinstalling your audio drivers. Just go to Device Manager and search for your audio and delete (more effective to delete from Device Manager).. then RESTART your computer and reinstall..

If it turns out that you have a damaged port on the motherboard then your best option would be to buy an inexpensive sound card. This guy I know blew out his audio port a while back and I had him order a $10 sound card from Walmart... so they aren't expensive.

Another option would be to just use different ports. Use the Rear instead of the Front speaker ports and configure your audio driver software to use them as your new ports for your front speakers.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Do you mean a 2.1 Speaker system... Left/Right plus Subwoofer?

I'm thinking you could try reinstalling your audio drivers. Just go to Device Manager and search for your audio and delete (more effective to delete from Device Manager).. then RESTART your computer and reinstall..

If it turns out that you have a damaged port on the motherboard then your best option would be to buy an inexpensive sound card. This guy I know blew out his audio port a while back and I had him order a $10 sound card from Walmart... so they aren't expensive.

Another option would be to just use different ports. Use the Rear instead of the Front speaker ports and configure your audio driver software to use them as your new ports for your front speakers.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.