Buzzing/humming/clicking noise

Xaxatix

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Firstly hello to everyone and happy new year .

Secondly I know that there are thousand of threads like this but I wanted to make sure it's not something from me.

I just bought a new Hama urage xplode evo - USB Gaming headset. The sound is good , but when I test my mic I hear a humming/buzzing and sometimes clicking noise without me talking or any background noise. I have an Asus P5QD Turbo motherboard. I tested my headset on my brother's computer and hear the same buzzing as soon as I test the microphone.

P.S.: I have had a microphone with a 3.5 mm jack but people on skype were telling me they hear the same humming/buzzing sound.

Any help appreciated.

Xaxatix

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
I also made a sound test (https://dl.dropbox.com/s/73793ope858pk3k/Sound.wma?dl=1) , if you turn the volume up you can hear it.

You probably have a ground loop.
Do you have cable internet?
Install the ground loop isolation transformer on the cable TV line.
http://www.amazon.com/Viewsonics-VSIS-EU-Cable-Ground-Isolator/dp/B0017I3K9M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357314486&sr=8-1&keywords=cable+ground+loop+isolator
Also separate the wiring inside the computer.
If the audio wires are tied to the data wires, or power supply wires, this can cause all kinds of noises.

The cable internet is grounding to your system somewhere...
The 3 prong plug on the computer, or other equipment, is also grounding.
You have TWO grounds. You have to use ONE.
Two grounds to the same system (cable ground and power ground) will cause the Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Disconnect cable TV COMPLETELY. Test the system with the cable TV UN-hooked.
NOTHING connected to the system from the cable company. Does the buzz stop? Install the isolator.
It's a really common problem, happens all over the place.

Xaxatix

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Could you explain it for the 'simpler' of people...? I couldn't understand the what the TV and internet cables have to do with it.

Xaxatix

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
I don't know if this would clear any confusion or something like that but I forgot to say that only when I use the microphone those sounds appear , the headphones are working perfectly.