Buzzing powered (2.1) PC speakers

roytimmers94

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017
I hope somebody can help me. I have a cheap €40 Logitech speaker set that keeps humming. I have been researching how to fix it, but i am not sure what's needed to fix it. I don't know a lot about ground loops and electricity.

This is what I've found:
- The humming isn't affected by the PC volume
- Whenever i unplug the audio jack(a simple 3.5mm) the humming continues, but decreases.
- The buzzing stops when the speaker set has no power.
- The buzzing is affected by the volume setting of the speaker
- The buzzing stops only when the power cable is unplugged from both the monitor and PC, powered down doesn't matter.
- Even when the audio jacks are in my pc, pc only connected to monitor directly to my video card and monitor connected to power it hums.
- When the speakers are connected to my laptop it doesn't hum, but as soon as i connect the power cable from my laptop it starts humming again.

I am literally going crazy, I hear little humming noises everywhere now. I can even hear the humming when music is playing. I believe it has also increased since the day i've bought them.

Sorry for my bad English, not a native speaker

Solution
I'd exchange the speakers for another set, or try them in another area. You may have electrical interference through the wires (I have seen CRT monitors start shaking when placed near a wall due to the wires inside the wall), or there is an issue with the speakers.
I'd exchange the speakers for another set, or try them in another area. You may have electrical interference through the wires (I have seen CRT monitors start shaking when placed near a wall due to the wires inside the wall), or there is an issue with the speakers.

Solution

roytimmers94

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017

Thank you. Different area did the trick, But still going to exchange them.