Buzzing sound coming from speakers with multiple sources

Lauralynn

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
I've been having this issue with my home setup for a while now and I'm not that familiar with audio components so I'm hoping you guys can help me figure it out.

I have a desktop computer, a TV and a PS4 all connected to my 2.1 Logitech z533 speakers.

It's setup like so
Speaker input:
1. RCA Stereo to AUX to AUX Splitter to Desktop PC
2. Astro A50 Headset MixAmp Aux to Aux Splitter to Desktop PC
3. AUX to RCA Stereo to Bluetooth Adapter (for all my other devices macbook/ipad/iphone etc.)
4. AUX to AUX to TV (This is the AUX on the volume knob)

If I disconnect #1 or #4 the buzzing goes away.

I made sure every device is connected to the same surge protector because I read that different things grounded separately can cause this issue.

I'm really using just about everything this speaker has eventually I will think about a setup involving a receiver for all my devices to work properly but I'm still in school so cost and space are limited.

Solution
buzzing sound certainly sounds like ground loop.

a ground loop isolator might solve your problem.

not sure why you have a splitter coming out of your pc with it going both to your speakers and to headset though.. you can only listen to one at a time.
buzzing sound certainly sounds like ground loop.

a ground loop isolator might solve your problem.

not sure why you have a splitter coming out of your pc with it going both to your speakers and to headset though.. you can only listen to one at a time.

Solution

Lauralynn

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
Hmm never heard of a ground loop isolator, ill check it out.

The main reason is it is my desk where I work and play and I use some software that outputs different applications to different devices. However right now I have to unplug and swap every other time I use it. It's just a convenience factory.