Question bypass Bluetooth/hardwire vizio sub

Jul 16, 2019
I’ve gotta Vizio woofer SB4021E-BO (Sub) all torn apart and I’m just staring at the circuit board. I don’t have the matching sound bar so my question is this, can I either A. Bypass the Bluetooth or simply replace Bluetooth that sends and receives signal or B. Just hardwire the thing to another Bluetooth speaker, Apie-V3(bad ass speaker) to be exact or let’s say my vehicles factory stereo or just a simple boombox type system? I can’t find anything on YouTube that actually helps and unsuccessful on the interwebs. Help

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can find the wireless audio receiver (might not be bluetooth) chip on the board and the pin out you may be able to hardwire it to something. It might not turn on though.
Won't work in a car it's not designed to work with 12v.
The BT speaker has not simple way to connect the sub to it either.
The sub doesn't have a level control on it either so you wouldn't be able to adjust that to match the other speaker or speakers.
I would say to forget about it.

Reactions: SinSurfer
Jul 16, 2019
If you can find the wireless audio receiver (might not be bluetooth) chip on the board and the pin out you may be able to hardwire it to something. It might not turn on though.
Won't work in a car it's not designed to work with 12v.
The BT speaker has not simple way to connect the sub to it either.
The sub doesn't have a level control on it either so you wouldn't be able to adjust that to match the other speaker or speakers.
I would say to forget about it.

Thanks for the input, no pun intended. I’m gonna try splicing the + and - from both speakers in the BT with the according wires from sub only when I get back home. Then I’m going to power up the woofer via wall outlet and . I’m sure that the sub won’t get power just from the BT juice like you said so why-not go ahead and fry atleast one of the circuit boards by doing something stupid :)