Cable box optical audio out stops power light

elespia

Estimable
Jul 9, 2014
The optical audio out "red light" comes on and prevents the Comcast cable box from powering on. Every time I try to turn on the cable box blinks four times, then the red optical audio out light comes on and shuts off the power light. I read in manual that this is an HDMI issue that can be resolved by choosing the proper option that will shut the red light off. But I cannot activate the menu/setup because the box does not show a picture on the screen. So nothing happens when I try to activate menu.

I doubt that the optical audio out is "causing" the box to power off. The light just comes one when the box is booted up enough to shut itself down. Did you try doing a cold reboot of the box? Unplug it from power for a few minutes and then plug it back in (might take a while to come back to where it will turn on). If that does not help since it belongs to Comcast and not you get them to exchange it.

thee_prisoner

Distinguished
More info is needed. What are you trying to hook the cable box? What are all the name/models of the system?

My guess is your trying to hook up optical and HDMI at the same time. Due to copy protection, only one digital signal is allowed.

I doubt that the optical audio out is "causing" the box to power off. The light just comes one when the box is booted up enough to shut itself down. Did you try doing a cold reboot of the box? Unplug it from power for a few minutes and then plug it back in (might take a while to come back to where it will turn on). If that does not help since it belongs to Comcast and not you get them to exchange it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 0
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 1