spartan092

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
My Turtle Beach headset's cord is tangled around itself in a manor that makes it almost like a bungee cord that when I untangle it it wraps back around itself. Is there a way to undo this and are there any products that are made for wrapping a cable around so it doesn't tangle up? The cable is wrapped around itself like it was twisted at the middle, the length of the cable is more than halved and it's starting to inhibit my comfort while using it as well as the ability to place it somewhere other than the floor.

the trouble is in how you were wrapping the cable up when you were done with it. if you just cram it in a bag, corner, or wrap it any which way this is bound to happen. what you should have been doing is wrapping it in a lose coil and securing it with velcro or some other medium to avoid this issue.

as far as what you can do now?

well...depending on cable thickness you could try some of the coiled plastic used on small watercooling lines to prevent kinking. you might also be able to get away with using small rubber or vinyl hose and putting the cable inside. both would increase weight and might pull on the headset a bit.

ideally you would replace the cable and try to take care how you store it.