Solved! Cai I upgrade my proccesor ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2021
I have an Dell Precision 3520 whit an Intel core i7-6820HQ. I want to upgrade my Laptop to be oficially supported for windows 11. I have 00C084 as mother board. I was thinking to a Intel core i7 9700KF. I have Nvidia Quadro M620 as graphic card. Can I upgrade. ( My laptop is modular. )

Oct 12, 2021
no. that cpu is solder to the system board. not sure what do you mean modular
and that 9700kf is a desktop cpu
well that was how my father told me that the laptop was. Meaning that some components are changeable. BTW: do you have any proccesor in mind that I can change to to have oficial acces to windows 11 ??? ( I possibly can change the motherboard )

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Most laptop components are NOT interchangeable, like with desktop systems. You typically can't upgrade the motherboard, for example.

The earlier modular reference may have been to how some laptops use a MXM slot to install dedicated (upgradeable) GPUs. My Precision 7520 has such a slot.

hankster08

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
no. that cpu is solder to the system board. not sure what do you mean modular
and that 9700kf is a desktop cpu

I have a 2017 ASGL753VE ds74 in which the GPU has apparently died of "heat stroke" (haha). So the GPU is soldered to the motherboard so changing that is out, But I could buy another identical motherboard on eBay $300-400. Does this sound doable? I have worked on desktops an changed the CPU and GPU's b4.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I have a 2017 ASGL753VE ds74 in which the GPU has apparently died of "heat stroke" (haha). So the GPU is soldered to the motherboard so changing that is out, But I could buy another identical motherboard on eBay $300-400. Does this sound doable? I have worked on desktops an changed the CPU and GPU's b4.
Yes, in general, that is do-able. Swapping laptop guts can be intimidating to the uninitiated. Really not like working inside a desktop. Patience and Youtube will be your friend, especially if you can locate a teardown video for your make/model laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.