Camera Recommendations - Small Business Owner

Matt_56

Commendable
Feb 16, 2016
Hey, I'm new here & just looking for some advice.

I am looking for a a standalone camera - to keep it separate from my phone. And tbh the camera on my Moto G 2nd Gen isn't all that.

I run a fitness business & need to film some videos. The bulk of the videos will be exercise demonstrations for my coaching system - uploaded to Youtube. I want the videos to look as crisp as possible. And I will also film Vlog style informational videos.

Most of the videos will be shot inside under fluorescent lighting, using a tripod. I also have a Zoom H1 & lavalier mic for the informational videos. And I'll want to shoot the occasional training picture for putting up on Facebook posts/adverts.

I really like the look of the new-ish Samsung NX Mini camera, due it it's ability to upgrade/change lenses and the flip up screen which would be useful when filming videos, to make sure I am in frame. It's priced at £180 over here, and that is roughly my budget for now.

Any recommendations?

EDIT: or maybe a Sony A5100. Or maybe I'm overshooting what I need?

fcnealvillangca

Estimable
May 11, 2015
I already tried a 5100 but I'm not satisfied. I currently own an eos m3 which I always use it's also a mirrorless camera.
I f you want to see yourself while doin the video you should buy a monitor.
there is a cheaper alternative that eos m3 which is the eos m. you can hack it if you want

simonchipmunk

Estimable
Apr 8, 2014
I would suggest you log into Vivitar.com and see what they have to offer. I have the Vivitar DVR 11600 digital Camera and Video Camera. it runs off batteries.

fcnealvillangca

Estimable
May 11, 2015
I already tried a 5100 but I'm not satisfied. I currently own an eos m3 which I always use it's also a mirrorless camera.
I f you want to see yourself while doin the video you should buy a monitor.
there is a cheaper alternative that eos m3 which is the eos m. you can hack it if you want

simonchipmunk

Estimable
Apr 8, 2014
I apologize for my goof. I have the Vivitar 1600 mini Camera and Video camera. problem with it is thatit willonly work with Windows up towindows 7.
so whatever you have seems tobe okay.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Digital Cameras 1
USAFRet Digital Cameras 5
S Digital Cameras 1
Chris Glenn Digital Cameras 3
A Digital Cameras 5
P Digital Cameras 9
P Digital Cameras 5
King Mustard Digital Cameras 5
William Norberg Digital Cameras 19
P Digital Cameras 1