Can a laptop Aux port be replaced?

jeffrey1999

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014
my headphones were plugged in my laptop and the wire was pulled downward breaking the aux cable. But no the AUX port on my laptop still works but the cable is held very loose and it is always getting disconnected and i have to use tape now. I was wondering if it can be replaced if i give it to the shop form where i bought it (Scan).

Solution
Hi, yes, it can be replaced, you have two types of connector, one connector is soldered directly to the motherboard, the other is soldered on a small PC board. Depending on the make and model of laptop you have, you have one of the two. To replace the connector, I do not know if the store where you bought it can do the repair.
Hi, yes, it can be replaced, you have two types of connector, one connector is soldered directly to the motherboard, the other is soldered on a small PC board. Depending on the make and model of laptop you have, you have one of the two. To replace the connector, I do not know if the store where you bought it can do the repair.

Solution

jeffrey1999

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014

I have an Acer Laptop and i think they can make the repair as they are the biggest computing store in my country. Probably if they can't do it themselves they will send it abroad to be repaired.