Solved! Can Bose cube speakers be ran thru a 4k Sony receiver to produce 4k surround sound?

Sep 8, 2018
I am purchasing a new Sony 4K TV and need to know if I will be able to hook up the 5 cube speakers that are already mounted to my walls and also connect the Bose sub woofer to a new 4k receiver? Any help here is certainly appreciated.

Solution
So if I do away with the Bose receiver, and simply hook up the Bose cubes to a 4K receiver
If u have a 2-wires cable coming from each speakers, and none of the speakers require an electricity plug, then yes.

My biggest concern is will the quality of sound be pretty good
The Bose will sound exactly as before. 4K has to do with video, nothing audio is gonna change.

^adding to what he says, unless your new receiver gives you needed functionalities, your old Bose receiver would be the best mate for your Bose speakers, sonic-wise.
Sep 8, 2018

Forgive my ignorance...So if I do away with the Bose receiver, and simply hook up the Bose cubes to a 4K receiver (looking at Denon) it should be fine? I just hate to have to put the money into speakers since I already have the Bose ones mounted. My biggest concern is will the quality of sound be pretty good?

Thanks for the response.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Generally speaking, Bose speakers work best with a Bose device. Proper crossover freqs, etc.

So if I do away with the Bose receiver, and simply hook up the Bose cubes to a 4K receiver
If u have a 2-wires cable coming from each speakers, and none of the speakers require an electricity plug, then yes.

My biggest concern is will the quality of sound be pretty good
The Bose will sound exactly as before. 4K has to do with video, nothing audio is gonna change.

^adding to what he says, unless your new receiver gives you needed functionalities, your old Bose receiver would be the best mate for your Bose speakers, sonic-wise.

Solution