Can I add Wireless speakers to my Wired system?

susan49bob

Estimable
Mar 10, 2015
My current speakers are two Altec Lansings which work wonderfully with my Acer laptop, using the Kinivo Bluetooth USB Adapter. (The laptop has Windows 7 in case that is relevant to my question).

I purchased two Hammacher Schlemmer Bluetooth speakers so I can hear music in other rooms too, not just in the living room and dining room where the laptop is.

So far, I am successful at hearing music out of EITHER my wired speakers OR my wireless speakers, but my goal is to hear music out of BOTH. That way, when I walk around the apartment, I can keep listening. How do I accomplish this?

Thank you!

Solution
If you split the audio output (that the Altecs are connected to) and feed one side to the Altecs and the other to an external bluetooth transmitter (that is not USB) it is will work the way you want it to. The laptop will not allow you to use both the onboard audio out and USB adapter for audio at the same time.
If you split the audio output (that the Altecs are connected to) and feed one side to the Altecs and the other to an external bluetooth transmitter (that is not USB) it is will work the way you want it to. The laptop will not allow you to use both the onboard audio out and USB adapter for audio at the same time.

Solution