Can I change my lenovo flex 2 15' laptop's processor?

DevYee

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
So I have this really nice laptop that has decent specs. (Lenovo flex 2 15in) There are many types of this laptop one with core i5, i7, and the one that I have is i3. I am wondering if you can upgrade it... or is the CPU integrated? The reason why is its i3 and clocks and only 1.9 GHZ with dual core. Im trying to push it to quad core with atleast 2 ~ 3 GHZ. Any suggestions?

Solution
I'm pretty sure the CPU is soldered to the board. Which means you can't upgrade it. & if you could it with be a pain in the ass.

I have the Lenovo Yoga 710 i7 16gb RAM. Depending on the i3 sometimes it is able to have dual core w/ hyper threading which means technically it's dual core but it registers as 4 cores which cuts costs and saves battery life.

Honestly' I wouldn't do anything with the laptop, if you are able to in the lower model to upgrade ram I'd do that without a doubt & even upgrade to a SSD or M.2 SSD.

Slow Pri

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
I'm pretty sure the CPU is soldered to the board. Which means you can't upgrade it. & if you could it with be a pain in the ass.

I have the Lenovo Yoga 710 i7 16gb RAM. Depending on the i3 sometimes it is able to have dual core w/ hyper threading which means technically it's dual core but it registers as 4 cores which cuts costs and saves battery life.

Honestly' I wouldn't do anything with the laptop, if you are able to in the lower model to upgrade ram I'd do that without a doubt & even upgrade to a SSD or M.2 SSD.

Solution