Can I claim other peoples videos?

G

This is a hypothetical situation.
Lets imagine I uploaded a 20 minute video that was gameplay of a certain game. Im gonna use counterstrike as an example.

First of all, if someone was to download the video and add it to their video (in the background) not under fair use. Could I claim the video, since the gameplay is mine?

If I can then imagine another situation. I allow others to use my gameplay as long as they give me credit in their description.

If someone was to not credit me could I then claim their video if I made my terms clear?

1 more question. Could I call this gameplay royalty free or copyright free? It is copyright free but only if they credit me so is this allowed?

Thanks!

Solution
https://www.videouniversity.com/articles/copyright-your-videos-here/

The video is yours, if you put a copywrite notice on it you can ask others not to use it and give away permission to use it however you like. If you ask for credit for the video, make them each a hot pepper before they can use it, whatever terms you want.
G

or someone who understands youtube a little better than I do :D

https://www.videouniversity.com/articles/copyright-your-videos-here/

The video is yours, if you put a copywrite notice on it you can ask others not to use it and give away permission to use it however you like. If you ask for credit for the video, make them each a hot pepper before they can use it, whatever terms you want.

Solution

ss202sl

Honorable
You're talking about copyright law, which isn't exclusive to Youtube. What if someone took your video off Youtube and used it on their website, or in marketing tools? Now you're beyond Youtube's ability to help.
You can set the terms, but the real question isn't about the terms, it's about enforcement. How do you lay out terms that are legally enforceable, and how do you enforce them? This is why you really need legal advice.

G

Thanks! So would this content classify as non-copyrighted?

Way beyond my knowledge, but I'd be curious to understand how you're quantifying that it wasn't under 'fair use'?

If it's your video in the background, it must be there to serve a purpose...no?
If it's simply playing in the background, and not address (perhaps the author forgot it was playing?) then that would make for an interesting case.

If it's serving a purpose, I would assume it was commented on or criticized etc - if so, then it's likely going to fall under the legal(ish) definition of 'fair use'.