Can I connect my smart tv to my home theater so i get surround sound from every source?

BazzaMac

Estimable
May 20, 2014
My tv is a Samsung UE48H6700 and my home theater is a Sony DAV-DZ260. Is it possible to do as it says in the title? Looking to connect PC, HD set top box and Xbox to TV and have 5.1 on all sources rather that wire each one up if possible.

Also what would be the best set up to do so

BazzaMac

Estimable
May 20, 2014

I've done that and have 5.1 via set top back, games console but my computer won't let me choose surround sound..
any ideas?

CPU Fan

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
You can only get surround on the PC if your TV supports ARC through HDMI, I think. Check that and enable it if you have it. It should now work. Use an optical audio cable from Amazon Basics to get surround on the other sources.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
naethrn Audio 2
Wopsie44 Audio 1
R Audio 5
P Audio 2
D Audio 1
J Audio 4
V Audio 1
bala_8421 Audio 2
S Audio 1
M Audio 9
R Audio 21
G Audio 1
T Audio 3
G Audio 3
E Audio 1
H Audio 1
K Audio 1
A Audio 4
C Audio 1
A Audio 2
Similar threads
Question Connecting AVR to Smart TV
Question Having trouble connecting my Kanto Yu4's with my Toshiba smart TV
Question Problems connecting Onkyo 646 to New LG Smart TV
Question Connecting headphones via wire to Samsung Smart Curved TV
Question how to connect sony ta sa300wr to my smart TV
Question Help - Connecting Bose Lifestyle 28 (series 1) to Samsung Smart TV 65F9000
Question How to connect Onkyo reciever to smart tv.
Question How to connect to Mi LED Smart TV 4A 32 inch?
Question How to connect my Kenwood KA87 to my LG smart tv
Solved! How can I connect a Marantz Home Cinema receiver with a Samsung Smart TV
Connecting a speaker to smart tv.
Solved! My tv (Lg 70” smart) has only one audio out. Can I connect analog headphones to this, then through a DAC and still get soun
Who processes the sound when SmartTV app is connected to a soundbar via HDMI-ARC?
connect home theater DIN outlet to smart tv
Connect my LG blueray DVD home theater system and my insignia soundbar with my Vizio D series smart TV
i have truvision home theater i am unable to connect home theater with my lg smart tv give solution
Hi I have new Samsung smart tv and my home theaters is LG and I connect them through HDMI cable but sound is not coming
Can I use RCA AV cables to connect my home theater system to my new LG LED smart tv or do I have to use Optical audio output?
how to play a DVD on a smart TVs with a theater system connected
Unable to connect Samsung smart TV with Panasonic home theater while watching youtube video!

ASK THE COMMUNITY