Can I connect my TV to my Studio Monitors?

Omar_71

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017
Hello!!

I've a couple of JBL LSR 305 with an U-PHORIA UMC202HD and a TV Sony 43W809C and I wanted to know if I can hear the TV movies/shows through the Monitors. In that case, how? What do I need?

Thanks for your help!! ♥♥♥

Solution
You need an input selector to select either the TV or the Behringer as the source for the speakers.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=371017&gclid=CN60x9yyi9MCFdCNswodbjMC6Q&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&A=details&Q=
This one has TRS connectors but you can use any passive AV input selector that would cost much less. You would need RCA to TRS cables to use them though which will tend to even out the price if you don't already have the cables.
The Sony has a hybrid headphone/line level analog audio output. Set it so you get a variable audio output so the TV remote will control volume.
I don't see any easy way to do this.

The UMC box has one other input and that's USB and TVs don't do USB audio outs, am not aware of a converter box, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Your job, look for Tolink/RCA/Headphone out to USB audio converter.

Omar_71

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017

And can't I connect the TV directly to the speakers? They have different type of connections at the back

You need an input selector to select either the TV or the Behringer as the source for the speakers.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=371017&gclid=CN60x9yyi9MCFdCNswodbjMC6Q&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&A=details&Q=
This one has TRS connectors but you can use any passive AV input selector that would cost much less. You would need RCA to TRS cables to use them though which will tend to even out the price if you don't already have the cables.
The Sony has a hybrid headphone/line level analog audio output. Set it so you get a variable audio output so the TV remote will control volume.

Solution