Can I download android apps to desktop and transfer to a Galaxy note?

drooling

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Can I download android apps to my desktop and transfer to a Galaxy note? I don't need a cell phone and don't want to pay 60-80 a month for data and cell service that I may only use a couple times a week. I am drooling over the Galaxy note and the apps I could use to organize my business and life, but can't see paying so much to the cell providers.
Confused about what I can and can't do with a phablet if I don't have a provider.

when you purchase a tablet are you required to pick up a plan from a wireless service? if no then theres hope for your question.

do you plan on having access to the internet at all on this device? tablets are mainly mobile web devices so its half useless if you do not. remember if you have internet at home you can tap into your home network using wifi with a tablet.

--

with that said... you should be able to download the app apk files on your computer, transfer them over, then install them if you have the 3rd party applications security setting turned to on.

however, if you already have internet at home and connect the device to it via your home network wifi it would be much simpler.