can i game

sierra117

Estimable
May 28, 2015
hello everyone. I have a toshiba satellite c75d b7307 with an amd a6 cpu. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me f i could run modded minecraft comfortably with n problems and if not what parts i could replace to be able to. I could really do with sme well recieved advice on the matter. Thanks guys :). Sierra.

Solution
There is nothing you can upgrade that will improve game performance. Everything is basically soldered in place except the RAM and the hard drive. If you want better gaming performance, then you need to buy a new laptop.

I recommend buying a Z50 (AMD) laptop from Lenovo. They range from £380 to £500, but the lower price ones have a 1366x768 screen while the more expensive ones have a 1080p screen and a more powerful AMD APU. They are all more powerful than your current laptop.

http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/lenovo/z-series/z50-amd/

I recommend the £450 version with the FX-7500 & the Radeon R7 M260 dedicated GPU.

blurryy

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015
I wouldnt recommend gaming on this type of laptop. If you are wanting to play minecraft, I believe it will do fine in just low graphics mode etc. Mod's would be pushing it.

Anything above from Minecraft I def wouldn't recommend even trying. If you plan on playing more intense games its recommend you purchase a upper end laptop, or construct a custom PC.

sierra117

Estimable
May 28, 2015

I would need to purchase a laptop for practicallity reasons, my budget is £500. could you reccomend any laptops to suit my needs, its sole purpose will be for modded minecraft and a couple of other games such as arma 3 perhaps. btw ty for the help im very grateful :) or could i simply replace parts of my laptop?

blurryy

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015

Does the budget include the price you can get for selling your current laptop? If not, you can get a Lenovo Y40 or Y50 for a budget gaming laptop once you put that extra money for the old laptop in.

Simojo

Estimable
Jun 12, 2015
Replacing parts is very hard in a laptop so your best bet is a refurbished laptop from PC world or somewhere like that which means you can get a good laptop for two thirds the price of new

There is nothing you can upgrade that will improve game performance. Everything is basically soldered in place except the RAM and the hard drive. If you want better gaming performance, then you need to buy a new laptop.

I recommend buying a Z50 (AMD) laptop from Lenovo. They range from £380 to £500, but the lower price ones have a 1366x768 screen while the more expensive ones have a 1080p screen and a more powerful AMD APU. They are all more powerful than your current laptop.

http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/lenovo/z-series/z50-amd/

I recommend the £450 version with the FX-7500 & the Radeon R7 M260 dedicated GPU.

Solution