can I get my laptop upgraded to gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobbody007

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
I have got an acer v3-571G ... its a good laptop but struggles when iam trying to play some games on a decent grafic setting . If yes how much would that cost ?

Solution
Most laptops are not upgrade-able (short of memory and storage). Consumer grade devices lack the ability to add a discrete GPU. For that, you need a system designed for it (like an Alienware M15x...I own one).
The vast majority of laptops will not allow you to upgrade the GPU. That is primarily due to the fact that the GPU chip is soldered into the motherboard.

Only a few specific models of gaming laptops that costs at least $1,400 will give you the option to upgrade the GPU because those few specific laptops has a MXM interface that allows high end mobile GPUs to be plugged in.

GPUs with the MXM interface are rather expensive since they are basically high end GPUs and they are not readily available for purchase. Ebay is generally the best way to get your hands on one of these MXM GPUs... assuming it is compatible with your laptop.

Your best choice is to simply buy a new laptop. Even Intel's HD 520 graphics core which is very common in laptops is more powerful than the GT 710m.

Assuming you can afford $480, you can purchase the following Acer laptop with a Core i5-6200u and nVidia 940m with a 1080p screen. The 940m is not powerful enough to play most games at 1080p (though low graphic settings is possible in some games), but it is definitely a lot more powerful than the old 710m.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315302

BTW... some GPUs with the MXM interface costs just as much as the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.