Can I get ZIF cable extensions for wooden laptop?

Jedipadawan

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
OK, the casing for the wooden laptop proceeds. Not much more to go but it gets more fiddly as it goes along.

Because this is wood and not plastic the thickness of the wood must be considerably greater than the original casing. I am little worried that the barely able to reach tiny ZIF cables from the keyboard and the touchpad will not reach the MB. I assume there are zif cable extenders but I am just checking and where would I get them from? Bear in mind that I am in Indonesia and buying online or via ebay is not so easy.

Many thanks in advance.

Solution
Hi, you need to check two things, the number of pins and the distance between the pins (in mm) and the length. Then you search on the web where they sell them, but be aware that you will find only from the manufacturer or on Ebay, unless you find a store in your country who sell them.

This seems to be a fascinating project you undertake.
Hi, you need to check two things, the number of pins and the distance between the pins (in mm) and the length. Then you search on the web where they sell them, but be aware that you will find only from the manufacturer or on Ebay, unless you find a store in your country who sell them.

This seems to be a fascinating project you undertake.

Solution

Jedipadawan

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016

OK. Thanks. There is an MSI support center here. I may be able to get email them and inquire. When we have completed the keyboard housing and can fix the motherboard to it then I can see if the existing cables will reach. Only, because the casing has to be much thicker... I fear...

Thanks!