Solved! Can i hook my pc up to my hd tv and use my bluetooth headset at the same time?

G

Hello,

i have a hdtv and bluetooth ready laptop, as well as a ktv hdtv. i want to hook up the hd video to the tv and use my bluetooth headset as the speakers so that i can still watch the movie on my good tv and not wake anyone up. is this doable? whenever i hook both the hd cable and the bluetooth up at the same time, the tv automatically takes over the audio, but i can still control play/pause/etc, with the headset.
does anyone know how i can take the audio away from the tv and use it with my headset, or if its even possible?

thx

Solution
YES, you need to figure out what cables are needed to hook up your laptop to your TV. First, check to see if you have a DVI or VGA port on your laptop. Second, see what type of connections are on the back of the TV. Do you have a DVI or VGA port (it should look the same as whats on your laptop) or is it RGB (red port, green port, blue port). Acquire the necessary cables. Hook up your laptop to your TV and when you watch a TV show or Movie check to see what audio device the laptop is using. if its streaming sound to the TV, switch it so that it will play from your laptop. Then you can use your bluetooth headset and TV at the same time.

lazyperson17

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
YES, you need to figure out what cables are needed to hook up your laptop to your TV. First, check to see if you have a DVI or VGA port on your laptop. Second, see what type of connections are on the back of the TV. Do you have a DVI or VGA port (it should look the same as whats on your laptop) or is it RGB (red port, green port, blue port). Acquire the necessary cables. Hook up your laptop to your TV and when you watch a TV show or Movie check to see what audio device the laptop is using. if its streaming sound to the TV, switch it so that it will play from your laptop. Then you can use your bluetooth headset and TV at the same time.

Solution