Solved! Can I increase my Dedicated Video RAM?

Skripez

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017
Can I increase my Dedicated Video RAM on my Asus Aspire 5750 with Inter hd graphics 3000? I cant seem to find any BIOS setting...

Solution
Windows actually control the amount of RAM that is used for internal graphics. The setting in Bios (if available), just guarantees that the minimum amount is used for graphics. So, for instance, if the OS determines that 1Gb is needed for graphics, that's what is allocated. In practical terms, I've never seen an difference if the minimum was set to 128, 256 or 512Mb. If you're running a game, just be sure to close down all other programs.

greens

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
Uh yes and no.

It uses integrated graphics, and will use a portion of your RAM as the VRAM.

Add more RAM to your system and you can let it use more VRAM.

But that isn't going to help you at all, we are talking zero gain in performance.

Skripez

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017

Sorry for the lack of info.

I have a 4gb ram installed which should give me 512mb of Dedicated video RAM.

Right now it's only running 128mb.

I belive you that the performance won't increase so much but it's mainly to let me play games that needs a minimum of 512mb of Dedicated VRAM.

So is it possible or not?

Thanks in advance

Scottray

Respectable
Jul 14, 2016
Windows actually control the amount of RAM that is used for internal graphics. The setting in Bios (if available), just guarantees that the minimum amount is used for graphics. So, for instance, if the OS determines that 1Gb is needed for graphics, that's what is allocated. In practical terms, I've never seen an difference if the minimum was set to 128, 256 or 512Mb. If you're running a game, just be sure to close down all other programs.

Solution