Can I install AMD/NVIDIA on a laptop that has no AMD/NVIDIA graphic card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rochellecanale

Estimable
May 17, 2014
Hi,

Just want to ask about this. I really want to install AMD or NVIDIA in my laptop. But I can't install it. If I install the latest AMD catalyst I got an error. If I install the NVIDIA, it can't detect my hardware. it says theres no compatible driver for my laptop. I have Intel HD graphic driver installed.

My laptop model is ACER ASPIRE E1-432

Solution
No, the software is made to go with AMD and Nvidia hardware so there is no reason to install the software if you don't have one of their GPUs.

byza

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
No, the software is made to go with AMD and Nvidia hardware so there is no reason to install the software if you don't have one of their GPUs.

Solution

TopLuca

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Why would you want to install them anyways ? They are drivers and controllers and if you don't have a discrete gpu from the specific company then they won't work.

To know which GPU do you have simply in the search bar in the start menu type run then in the program type dxdiag then you'll be able to see what gpu do u have under the display tab.

Joeteoh99

Estimable
Herald
Jul 20, 2014
I don't quite understand what you mean. Are you talking about drivers?

If you have a AMD graphics card, then you can update the drivers on the AMD website. And same thing applies for Nvidia graphics card.

And if you are talking it getting a better graphics card, you can't just jump on to the internet and just download a graphics card. You will need to buy one and install it. And to be honest it is really hard to install one.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished

Actually If you have Nvidia Graphics card on the laptop the recommended update is from the Laptop manufacturer not Nvidia or ATI. Some PC manufacturers customize their GP drivers for their machines. You will see a little note about this on the website. So with a laptop especially if UNDER WARRANTY the laptop maker site is better then ATI or Nvidia's site. Now typically if you MS comes out with a new OS and you upgrade the PC maker usually won't update drivers and ATI or
Nvidia may be better places to go.

The new processors from Intel and AMD have integrate graphics built into the processor. The higher priced and gaming machine will come with discrete ATI or Nvidia cards. The new laptops if Intel graphics is listed it's integrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.