Can I install Old Software Onto a New Windows 10 Laptop ?

Teecee1309

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Hi, we are looking to buy a new Windows 10 laptop, but we don't want to by the Microsoft Office software as we wouldn't use a lot of it.
We have an original version of Microsoft Word 2004 and an original version of Microsoft Publisher 2003 on CD, so would like to know if we can install these versions onto the new laptop ?.
Many thanks.

It's very unlikely that Word 2004 & Publisher 2003 will run on Windows 10, they may not even install.

Only way to know conclusively is to try it.

Apache OpenOffice is a free alternative office suite, though I don't think it includes a DTP component:
https://www.openoffice.org/

I don't recall any mention of a 2004 version but I can assure you MS Office Professional Edition 2003, Word, Excel and Access work well and properly here in a Windows 10 environment.

All the more modern versions involve faffing about pointing a mouse at the icons or using unfamiliar Alt commands and I decided some while back that this old dog wasn't up to learning those new tricks so I stuck with the one I prefer. Apart from that, it cost me £358 in 2003 and I haven't had my moneys worth out of it yet.