Can I mirror iPad to Vizio smart tv?

Meanjeans

Commendable
May 14, 2016
Can I use my iPad as a keypad or mirror it to control my Vizio with internet? Do I need Apple tv, not sure as Im new to this?

Solution

You are not quite getting what the technology is or the terms. Getting internet on the TV is not the same as getting the iPad screen on the TV nor is that the same as "controlling the TV" from the iPad. If you have a Smart TV that means the TV already has programs on it for Netflix, web browsing, Hulu, etc... You don't need to connect your iPad to the TV for that. If you...
Not really sure what you are asking here, what do you mean by "control" your TV? You can use a video cable to bring up the iPad display on the TV. Or are you asking if you can use the iPad instead of the remote to control the TV itself? Just look for "iPad video cable" for your iPad model, will find the cable you need to connect it to your TV.

Meanjeans

Commendable
May 14, 2016
I should have stated I was looking for WIFI, not a wired connection, to receive the internet from my iPad and/or modem to my Vizio TV screen. So I can controll the TV screen with my iPad to mirror what is on my iPad screen. Apologies for my lame explanation. Im happy to attempt to explain whatever info anyone needs to clarify my query. Thanks for the help.

You are not quite getting what the technology is or the terms. Getting internet on the TV is not the same as getting the iPad screen on the TV nor is that the same as "controlling the TV" from the iPad. If you have a Smart TV that means the TV already has programs on it for Netflix, web browsing, Hulu, etc... You don't need to connect your iPad to the TV for that. If you are trying to connect the TV to the internet to use those smart apps in the TV you connect the TV to your network via the router, not to the iPad.

If you actually want to view what is on your iPad screen wirelessly for games or something that is not available on the TV, then you can use Airplay and some other features, you just need to check what your model of TV can do. http://www.howtogeek.com/177145/wireless-display-standards-explained-airplay-miracast-widi-chromecast-and-dlna/

Solution