Solved! Can I override the software on a nextbook ares 10a tablet with Samsung?

Jul 20, 2019
I'm not asking someone to tell me how to do it, I'm merely asking, can it be done? I have had a lot of software problems with this since I purchased it, one major one being the 'contact information' that Samsung has the option of having. Like I said, since I'm sure most would say it's illegal to change the software, I'm not asking how to do it, I'm merely asking, can it be done? I can give model numbers and other info if needed.

Solution
They are both running Android so you would get the same base thing. Android is Android. You could consider changing the launcher, if that is what you are wanting to do. Not a fan of rooting devices. Way to many risks. But that is what I would look into, going by what you want to do. You need info on rooting and on changing the systems launcher.

This is something that can be done to most any Android device, the problem is there is no guaranty it will work, and that you risk bricking the device. Additionally it will obviously void any warranty for the tablet.
They are both running Android so you would get the same base thing. Android is Android. You could consider changing the launcher, if that is what you are wanting to do. Not a fan of rooting devices. Way to many risks. But that is what I would look into, going by what you want to do. You need info on rooting and on changing the systems launcher.

This is something that can be done to most any Android device, the problem is there is no guaranty it will work, and that you risk bricking the device. Additionally it will obviously void any warranty for the tablet.

Solution