Can I plug my laptop in to my desktop tower so I can use the laptop I don't have a charger cord for laptop

kimpie570

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
I have a desktop tower and laptop but I don't have cord for laptop I want to use can I use the tower to power laptop
I have tower cords and it comes on I just want to see if I can use the tower to power laptop I want to use

Solution
Probably not as rgd1101 said. If you have the charger and are just missing the cord that goes from it to the outlet, and it happens to be the same as the cord from your tower, then yes you can. (I just mean you could borrow the cord) But those cords are dirt cheap and you could just get another one.You can't power the laptop from the tower in any way however.

If you don't have a charger or the cord has a different plug from the tower (which they usually do) then no. You'll need to buy one the laptop is useless without it.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Probably not as rgd1101 said. If you have the charger and are just missing the cord that goes from it to the outlet, and it happens to be the same as the cord from your tower, then yes you can. (I just mean you could borrow the cord) But those cords are dirt cheap and you could just get another one.You can't power the laptop from the tower in any way however.

If you don't have a charger or the cord has a different plug from the tower (which they usually do) then no. You'll need to buy one the laptop is useless without it.

Solution