Can I reinstall Android 4.0 with this device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkillNye

Estimable
Jan 5, 2016
So my moms friend gave her kids a Samsung tablet and somehow they got a virus that I can't remove even with factory restoring, restoring the cache, and formatting the whole thing. So what I want to do is download Android 4.0 which is the version of the tablet, format the whole tablet, and boot off the microSD card (64GB) that has the OS on it, and reinstall the whole OS.

But the only problem was, I couldn't just hook a microSD card into my computer, so I bought this product (below), and I was wondering if this product could put the Android OS.iso or .zip file, and if I could boot off the microSD card and reinstall the whole OS?

Product: Here

SkillNye

Estimable
Jan 5, 2016

So you're telling me the device I bought will do the job? Also, I went there but they don't have this specific tablet: Samsung SGH-1497 There is no other worse on the device besides the model number, a AT&T logo, and a Samsung logo/text.

SkillNye

Estimable
Jan 5, 2016

You link you sent me makes no sense, there is now downloads anywhere except for some random guy that posted a bunch of links. I downloaded a OS from one of the links, and it doesn't even work. It says it's not the right format or invalid format. I'm not the best with installing android OS's at all.

Re-flashing Android ROMs has never been an everyday job. If you cannot do it (and don't want to read about how to do it), find / pay someone who can. As I said, flashing phones / tablets is NOT like reinstalling Windows.

Be proactive. Register in XDA. Ask your question. Search for details. Noone will do that for you.
Anouther place to look for is SamMobile. Again - register, search, see what is necessary.

I would highly recommend doing this on a Windows PC which you can restore / reinstall - you will download a lot of third-party utility (some of them close to gray-area stuff) which you will not need again.

You might also want to contact the operator you bought this tablet from (ATT, Verizon etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.