Solved! Can I replace my old mother board with one from a newer model?

Apr 29, 2019
My U430 touch laptop is starting to age. It's USB 2.0 ports are dead, and it occasionally freezes completely. I'm trying to replace it's motherboard, and I want to know if I can replace it with one from a U430p (mine is a U430). The two motherboards and laptops look nearly identical. If possible, this would greatly improve my laptop's speed and CPU.

Solution
If all the ports and shape lines up, there is a chance it will work. To know for sure you either have to find someone else that this and posted results online, or see if the laptop vendor can answer you. It may be not much more to just get a full working system and swap the drive to that shell.
If all the ports and shape lines up, there is a chance it will work. To know for sure you either have to find someone else that this and posted results online, or see if the laptop vendor can answer you. It may be not much more to just get a full working system and swap the drive to that shell.

Solution
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply, I'm trying to find out more about battery compatability and heatsink alignment, but it all looks good so far, so I'm planning on upgrading soon. Any recommendations on where to find specific info on motherboards from obscure laptops would be greatly appreciated.