Can i return a laptop (Asus GL752VW-T4064D)?

Farapon

Honorable
May 5, 2013
Hello,

So i bought this laptop in a website and i know there are 2 versions of it (regarding design), a grey metal and a plastic chassis.

The pictures clearly showed the grey metal version and guess what, they sent me the plastic version (maybe the grey metal is not selling is Spain).

(After i sent them a ticked complaining about this issue they answered that i'm right and they are not sure if i can return it, and the next day they changed the pictures [i have screenshots when it was wrong and after it])

Here is was i did with the laptop:

I opened the box (obviously everything is perfect [because i take splendid care of everything] i treated everything as it was gold) and saw that disappointment [the laptop] (my heart felt some pain and my head hurt for the rest of the day)

Then i just plugged it into the wall and turn it on (it has no OS but FreeDOS) just to see if it can turn on. BTW when running FreeDOS it gives you 1 2 3 options and the 1st gives error.

Finally i put everything back on the box (with excellent care)

So i want to return this. What's the best way to do it? Should i not tell them that i turned on the laptop? I purchased it on 27/12/2015 and it arrived on 28/12/2015. This laptop didn't even have that thin material between the screen and keyboard (¿does that mean that it has been used before me?)

With the laptop i also bought a w10 copy and a m2 ssd (didn't open them). I want to return this. What can i argue? Please, anyone experienced this? Also the dvd drive is sligtly tilted (¿can i argue this and be valid to a return?)

I'm calling today in the morning (it's 1.55am right now) to the client support. My father is the one that bought it for me as a present, can he argue something credible so the they have no choice to refund the money of the laptop ,w10 and ssd? or at least let me buy something else more expensive by only paying the difference? Should i even give reasons? dont i have the right to return something in 7 days after getting the product?
Sorry for the long post (i never had a laptop before)

Is there another forum where i can post this and get help?

Solution
Since you're a single purchase customer and not an account holding client its not reasonable for you to expect your change to be processed in such a small window as the place most likely closes very soon and there will have been other people needed seeing to before yourself.

ST0RM91

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
So long as you haven't been using it you should be able to return it as what you received wasn't what you ordered.

You have no fewer rights than if you had bought it in a store and what was in the box wasn't the same as what on their display.

Farapon

Honorable
May 5, 2013

I read and re read it a lot of times, it seems like ha have absolutely no issue about returning but hey, they will fight like lions because they don't want to give back they money (i copy/pasted in google translator)
Product Warranties
Computer SL, hereafter Coolmod COOLMOD-, owner of www.COOLMOD.com company guarantees under applicable law and the following conditions all computer components and other equipment products it distributes. The consumer can address both the seller and the manufacturer of the product, liable for the lack of conformity becomes apparent within two years from delivery (one year for second-hand goods).

When the lack of conformity becomes apparent after 6 months and in doubtful cases, the manufacturer may require an independent expert report to process a warranty. In obvious cases of malfunction or irregular operation under warranty no any problem.

In any case, during the time that the consumer is deprived of the product calculating the period of the guarantee is suspended; for example, if the repair of a hard object 15 days, the guarantee period will end 15 days later than originally planned.

Anyone manufacturer that has a greater guarantee 2-year marking the applicable law, must deal directly with the manufacturer is not liable for such cases coolmod.

Shipping costs incurred in processing the product warranty will be paid by coolmod in cases where it is assumed that the lack of conformity exists in the asset acquired. You should always be done by following the instructions provided by coolmod request and acceptance.

Conditions for companies and distributors: When the client is distributor, or billed as a company (not individual), shipping to our facilities will always be charged to the customer, since the law on consumer goods does not regulate the sale between companies . Moreover, in these cases the guarantee will be set by the manufacturer.

The consumer may claim when a product is not in conformity with the contract:

The asset acquired does not fit the description given by the seller.
The asset acquired is good for the purposes for which the consumer goods of the same type are used.
Not suitable for special use would have been required by the consumer and the seller has accepted.
No quality and expected performance, especially given the public statements (advertising, brochures, labeling ...) on their specific characteristics made by the seller or manufacturer
The consumer and user is entitled to:

Repair or replace. The consumer and user may elect to repair or replacement, unless one of the two options is impossible or disproportionate. It is deemed to have a disproportionately higher cost. You can not replace durable goods (when specific nature) or the second hand. Both repair and replacement must be made within a reasonable time and completely free for the consumer.

NOTE: There are currently many manufacturers who directly manage faults / defects / incidents arising in their products to provide after-sales service quality and reduce lead times. In these cases coolmod always indicate the directions of how to arrange for easy management.
Price reduction or termination of the contract. They will come when consumers and users can not require repair or replacement and in cases which had not been carried out or without major inconvenience to the consumer and user a reasonable time. The resolution does not apply if the lack of conformity is minor.
* Processing of warranty of promotional products, packs or gifts. If it is a gift shall be replaced with the same or, in the case that is not possible, of comparable value, never for money. If it comes to a product promotion or pack, if not possible repair or replacement will proceed to repay the equivalent amount, calculated taking into account the actual product price and discount obtained by the customer to purchase discounted.

Cancellation guarantee
The guarantee may be voided by the following causes:

Improper use, handling or maintenance by Customer of a team, media kit, component or peripheral.
Software problems and / or viruses.
Components burned by electrical surge or overcurrent.
Broken or damaged components subjected to impact.
Improper repair, modification or extension by the customer of a team.
Deterioration, removal or concealment by the customer, the warranty label or manufacturer COOLMOD.com all products (including those that are part of a team, media kit or semiequipo) manufactured or distributed by COOLMOD.com.
In short, no damaged or with visible evidence of improper handling equipment will not be accepted.

The warranty does not cover
The warranty does not cover defects caused by misuse of the product. In such cases the consumer will be responsible for repair. Are therefore excluded from the warranty:

Defects and damage caused by external events, accidents, electrical accidents mainly due to wear and use not in accordance with the instructions of coolmod.
Products modified or repaired by the customer or any other person authorized by coolmod, and products that are subject to specific support contract.
Incorrect configuration software / hardware by the customer, a computer component or peripheral. Incorrect configuration software / hardware or a computer malfunction caused by a component not provided by coolmod and incorporated by the customer.
Infection by computer virus, by the customer, equipment, hard drives or floppy drivers or additional software.
The repair of the above cases be billed. Rate Repair: 37.98 Euros per hour (excluding VAT).

These warranty terms do not affect consumer's statutory rights protected by applicable law.

Optical media (CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD + R, DVD-RW, DVD + RW) are not guaranteed once the packaging or carton is opened or unsealed. They will return only those whose optical media packaging or container has not been opened, the customer paying postage.

Coolmod not responsible for the personal information contained in the PC or storage unit. The customer is responsible for the data or information in the material to repair and perform relevant backups.

Further, the warranty act concerning hidden defects and manufacturing defects of the product in accordance with Article 1490 of the CC.

Farapon

Honorable
May 5, 2013

Even if in your country Spain may have an exelent image there are also issues. I doubt they will respect the superior law and rules and they will try to impose their own rules.
I think i'm going to bed and i'll be back at 9 am (in oround 7 hours) I'll tell you what ends up happening

ST0RM91

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
EU law supersedes local law and Spain is in the EU so you shouldn't have any problems.

Also part of your waranty pasted above states "The consumer may claim when a product is not in conformity with the contract: The asset acquired does not fit the description given by the seller."

This fits your scenario perfectly. What they sent you was not as described on their website.

Farapon

Honorable
May 5, 2013

He called customer support and the guy said to us to complete the RMA file and send it. We did that now we're waiting for them to give us the number of the RMA so that it can be sent in return.
My father bought it as a juridical person not a physics one, he told me that the 14 days to return may not apply for him.

Now i recived an email from the rma that he has problems opening the exel file, he said it says 'Not such file' and told me to eamil a rma@coolmod.com. I sent him 3 exel version (XLS XLSX XTL) and a .doc 3 minutes ago.

Farapon

Honorable
May 5, 2013
After not getting the answer that i wanted (the RMA number) i personally called them 5 min ago, and explained that i want either a return or a change for one a little bit more expensive by paying the difference. He accepted the change option and said that he'll send me an e-mail with the steps to follow. I'm afraid the e-mail may not arrive today and tomorrow the shop is closed. We are talking abot 1200 euros+ here.

ST0RM91

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
Since you're a single purchase customer and not an account holding client its not reasonable for you to expect your change to be processed in such a small window as the place most likely closes very soon and there will have been other people needed seeing to before yourself.

Solution

Farapon

Honorable
May 5, 2013

I have this in my mind: (i did not receive any email)

Today 06/01/2016 is a 'holiday' day so the shop is closed. But tomorrow it's open, so if i don't get any e-mail, i will go on friday to my local consumer protection office (i sent them a message 2 days ago about my situation; they answered that i could come there, and they will help me send a 'burofax' to return it). Would that be rude from me?
Like, i asked for a change he said yes (the consumer support man), but didn't sent me the e-mail he told me he would (''that would arrive immediately'' he stated).
If i get the change i'll be satisfied and if i get the return, i'll go straight to amazon. And if i fail or fall for any trick, i'll be pissed off, but cold hearted next time.

ST0RM91

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
Sorry, I hadn't realised he'd promised to do it immediately, my bad. Be proactive and call them first thing instead of waiting. Tell whomever you speak to that you were promised an email by "insert name" before x time on x date and it hasn't arrived.

Give them the benefit of the doubt (once) and if you are insistent (not rude) they should have no problem doing it while you are still on the phone, its just attaching a file to an email after all.

Farapon

Honorable
May 5, 2013
Today it arrived, those (insult here) removed the 128 GB ssd and left the 1 TB hdd in and made a 375GB partition and installed the w8.1. And the cpu, without doing a thing goes to like 30% and above, and the hdd to 100%. I'll never buy a thing from them and going to spread the info of my experience with them.