Solution
Get the Oculus compatibility checker from the site for another opinion but I suspect you are not going to have a great time in VR with your current machine. Luckily while the minimum specs for VR look greater than what you have they are not so high. A modest RYZEN 3 is meant to be up to the task. I know it would mean replacing a lot of things all at once but I think the money you have set aside for a VR system would be better put to getting more upto date on your PC.

feelinfroggy777

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
I would not recommend spending the money on a VR headset with your current system. If you cant get high enough frame rates users will suffer from very bad motion sickness. I would not get into VR unless I had a 1070 or higher GPU and the 1050ti is not even close. Additionally, you have an outdated processor that will limit peak fps, thus you will get motion sickness.

PistolPaul

Estimable
Feb 15, 2014
Get the Oculus compatibility checker from the site for another opinion but I suspect you are not going to have a great time in VR with your current machine. Luckily while the minimum specs for VR look greater than what you have they are not so high. A modest RYZEN 3 is meant to be up to the task. I know it would mean replacing a lot of things all at once but I think the money you have set aside for a VR system would be better put to getting more upto date on your PC.

Solution