Can I run scientific softwares like Mathematica 10.0.1, Matlab, Origin Labs etc on ASUS eebook X205TA?

Arkadipta Sarkar

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015
I am a physics graduate student. I aready have a heavy and bulky and powerful laptop which is very difficult to drag around. So I was thinking about buying the ASUS eebook X205TA as it is well within my budget. My work mostly comprises of data analysis and plotting and Mathematica. So do these softwares run on this netbook?

Solution
Its a good netbook. but i doubt, it is powerful enough to run the software that you are mentioned.
its mainly used to view , edit & create all MS word,excel etc. and browsing purposes with the full windows 8 access. it has a good good life too.

but i suggest you to buy this model :-

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/asus-x553maxx289b-notebook-4th-gen/214642004?utm_source=earth_feed&utm_campaign=21_57&utm_medium=101237094&vendorCode=S939ab

its a better laptop . it also light at 2kg. but not light as eebook.
it will sure run all your software.
you can also upgrade its components like, RAM etc..

yahoo90

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
Its a good netbook. but i doubt, it is powerful enough to run the software that you are mentioned.
its mainly used to view , edit & create all MS word,excel etc. and browsing purposes with the full windows 8 access. it has a good good life too.

but i suggest you to buy this model :-

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/asus-x553maxx289b-notebook-4th-gen/214642004?utm_source=earth_feed&utm_campaign=21_57&utm_medium=101237094&vendorCode=S939ab

its a better laptop . it also light at 2kg. but not light as eebook.
it will sure run all your software.
you can also upgrade its components like, RAM etc..

Solution

Vynavill

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I recall using Matlab at school (IT address)...they had low-end dual core pentiums and winXP. Recently been there on visit, they still have those.

We coded in ASM, C, C++, Java AND Matlab on those. All used to run very nicely, albeit compilation on bigger projects and Matlab plots or other graphically heavy stuff ran a bit sluggish.
RAM is the most limiting factor, in your case and for that EE, as 2gigs will run out fast if you keep more than one of those softwares open at the same time. Singularily, however, they'll probably run a bit slowly on most complex operations, but will do fine.