Solved! Can i transfer all of my laptop's components from my old one to new?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2019
So i have a HP 15 Notebook PC with 8GB of RAM and almost 950 GB of storage. i also has a DDR3 NVIDIA geforce 820M card. I find my laptop a quite bulky one and i also want to change it. Can i transfer my memory and graphics card to a new laptop? If yes please tall me what to do.

Solution
Hello, IceyGhost!

Short answer: yes and no.

You can transfer your ram and storage but not graphics card. It because laptop has soldered Graphic card that cannot be removed easily (need very advanced level of knowledge) also not all laptop support your old component. you need to check your new laptop whether it'll compatible or not(check your DDR for ram and 2.5 or m.2 for storage) it must be same. Most laptop now have DDR4 ram m.2 ssd(especially for ultrathin laptop). this will also make your laptop's warranty void and I'm not responsible for any damage you caused. anyway, there are only 4 simple step to transfer your memory and storage:
  1. open your laptop's back lid. you can search google...

mahardikahandoko

Prominent
Apr 22, 2018
Hello, IceyGhost!

Short answer: yes and no.

You can transfer your ram and storage but not graphics card. It because laptop has soldered Graphic card that cannot be removed easily (need very advanced level of knowledge) also not all laptop support your old component. you need to check your new laptop whether it'll compatible or not(check your DDR for ram and 2.5 or m.2 for storage) it must be same. Most laptop now have DDR4 ram m.2 ssd(especially for ultrathin laptop). this will also make your laptop's warranty void and I'm not responsible for any damage you caused. anyway, there are only 4 simple step to transfer your memory and storage:
  1. open your laptop's back lid. you can search google for further information.
  2. search for your harddisk and ram. and then take them out
  3. do step 1 and 2 in your new laptop
  4. plug your old ram and harddisk to your new laptop
that's it! as simple like that. but beware every step above are little bit tricky if you don't have any experience.

Hope this will help you!
Good Luck!;)

Solution
Jan 31, 2019
You can easily place your Old RAM(if both have same configs like DDR3 or whatever and your new laptop has an empty port) and HDD laptop doesn't have enough space for an extra HDD so you wouldn't be able to use it in the new laptop.
It depends on a few laptops has a removable graphics card. Apple has its graphics card integrated on the same chip so you can't think of replacing that. You have to check whether your old and new laptop supports this or not?

I would suggest you forget about the old laptop and buy a new one with the latest configurations.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.