Can i upgrade HP ENVY Sleekbook 6-1100se Laptop processor and graphics card

amjadr360

Estimable
Apr 12, 2014
Hi.
Can i upgrade HP ENVY Sleekbook 6-1100se Laptop processor and graphics card ? I don't know much hardware if i can from where can buy processor and graphics card online ?

Solution
No, you cannot upgrade the laptop.

The Core i3-3317U is a BGA socket CPU. That means it is soldered directly into the motherboard just like the Radeon HD 7670m GPU. That CPU has a 17w TDP the cooling system used in that laptop is only meant to handle up to 17w TDP CPUs. The most powerful CPU it can probably handle would be the i5-3437u which is only 300MHz faster.

aadithya

Honorable
Aug 25, 2013
Technically speaking its possible but first you will have to find a processor that is the same socket type as the one that you have now. Although this is not recommended as your laptop is not designed to handle the heat of another processor. You are better off with moving to a desktop or exchanging your laptop.
As for your Gpu, its not possible because the Gpu is soldered to the motherboard .

No, you cannot upgrade the laptop.

The Core i3-3317U is a BGA socket CPU. That means it is soldered directly into the motherboard just like the Radeon HD 7670m GPU. That CPU has a 17w TDP the cooling system used in that laptop is only meant to handle up to 17w TDP CPUs. The most powerful CPU it can probably handle would be the i5-3437u which is only 300MHz faster.

Solution