Can I use Klipsch RP 260 with Bose acoustimass series 5 as front speaker?

Manuamaldev

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
I have 2 Klipsch RP 260.I would like to upgrade my system to 7.1.can I use these speakers as front in my Bose acoustimass 10 series 5?

Solution
You can but they will not match well at all with a Bose cube as center channel or the Bose woofer.
You will probably get more and better bass using the Klipsch as large fronts without the Bose woofer. The Bose woofer is not going to be able to match the levels of the Klipsch towers.
Can't hurt to try it. Since you are going to 7.1 you will have to set up the system again. Pay particular attention to getting the three fronts the right level. If your receiver has auto wt up it might not get it right so check it with the manual set up.
Eventually you will want the matching Klipsch center and a real subwoofer. The Bose cubes will be OK for side and back surrounds but don't really go down low enough to qualify as "small surround speakers".
You can but they will not match well at all with a Bose cube as center channel or the Bose woofer.
You will probably get more and better bass using the Klipsch as large fronts without the Bose woofer. The Bose woofer is not going to be able to match the levels of the Klipsch towers.
Can't hurt to try it. Since you are going to 7.1 you will have to set up the system again. Pay particular attention to getting the three fronts the right level. If your receiver has auto wt up it might not get it right so check it with the manual set up.
Eventually you will want the matching Klipsch center and a real subwoofer. The Bose cubes will be OK for side and back surrounds but don't really go down low enough to qualify as "small surround speakers".

Solution