can my computer run these.

Proffa3

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015
So im going to buy logitech z906 for my computer. My question is. Can my computer run these well. I have asus X75C laptop with SonicMaster Lite audio card. And if it cant run these speakers can i change my audio card and what would be good. pls anwser quikly.

Solution
None of these is digital audio output (optical or coax). As I said, $50 "5.1 external USB sound adapter" is what will help - most of them provide for analogue outputs, or optical output. I got this one to connect my analogue 5.1 speakers, but it also has optical in/out ports.

You have also another option, I don't know whether it would be cheaper or not. Get an AV receiver with speakers set, and use HDMI connection to pass audio to the receiver.
In order to get truly surround sound from your speakers, you need to feed them either thru digital inputs (TOSLink or coax), or by analogue six-channel (three 3.5mm stereo connectors). I have yet to see a laptop with three analogue outputs, and if it lacks optical/coax audio out, you will have to invest in external 5.1 USB surround card. After spending $400 for speakers, $50 are not that much.

Proffa3

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015

ok... but does that mean that my laptop can still run these? maybe not with best quality but still. i had labtec pulse 285 2.1 speakers before they broke after 5 years of use.

Proffa3

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015

so none of these isnt optical output?
1 x Microphone-in/Headphone-out jack
1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor
1 x USB 3.0 port(s)
2 x USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
1 x HDMI
if they arent is there eny way that i can get those work?

None of these is digital audio output (optical or coax). As I said, $50 "5.1 external USB sound adapter" is what will help - most of them provide for analogue outputs, or optical output. I got this one to connect my analogue 5.1 speakers, but it also has optical in/out ports.

You have also another option, I don't know whether it would be cheaper or not. Get an AV receiver with speakers set, and use HDMI connection to pass audio to the receiver.

Solution

Proffa3

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015

thanks so much. ill find out wich one will be better.