Can my laptop handle a new video card upgrade?

Chucklez

Estimable
Dec 14, 2014
I've been wanting to build my own computer for quite some time now. An actual tower, not a laptop. But at the moment my budget is only around $600 which I don't believe I'd be able to make a computer that's about as good as mine right now, though I honestly don't have that much knowledge about this which is why I'm making this thread.

My current laptop has handled surprisingly well and It used a dual card system. I'll upload my pc specs at the end of this. My question though is if my laptop can be upgraded or not. I'm not looking for just the graphics card, but anything on it. If I cannot update it, then I'd welcome any suggestions on how to build a pc.

System specs:

justpaste.it/ifuc

Solution
You'd be able to game better with "lower" parts because they will be full power parts. I don't do full builds, but $600 builds are all over the net. An i5 with a 270x/760 is probably possible.

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
You have a Dell System Inspiron N7110? I don't think this has a "dual card system" like you say. It has access to the Intel IGP, and the Nvidia 525. Looking at replacement boards on Ebay I don't see any spots for a GPU to plug in. I'd say you can't.

Chucklez

Estimable
Dec 14, 2014
Do you think I'd be able to build a better system for about $600? I've been researching it a bit, but I know I wouldn't really be able to afford an i7 like this laptop has, though I don't really know if that would affect performance much.

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
You'd be able to game better with "lower" parts because they will be full power parts. I don't do full builds, but $600 builds are all over the net. An i5 with a 270x/760 is probably possible.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS