Can my Motherboard power the Kingston HyperX Cloud?

MajSharpy

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
I've been looking to buy the Kingston HyperX Cloud headset as they have dropped to £49 on AmazonUK, but because because they're 60 OHM and I've been using 33 OHM gaming headsets for years like Turtle Beach, do you think my motherboard has the onboard audio to power these Headset?

My Motherboard is an ASUS P6x58d-e

Solution
I have pair of sennheiser HD558 50ohm headphones with an asus strix z270f and my mboo's sound card can barely make them acceptably loud at max, when I could easily blow my ears out with my fiio E10K external dac/amp. Impedance is not the only thing that determines how hard headphones are to drive, there is also the sensitivity rating of the headphones which is how many db the headphones produce with 1mw of power from my understanding. If I had to guess kingston would not re brand and sell headphones advertised for gaming that will not work properly with most onboard sound cards, so it will likely work fine.

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014
I have pair of sennheiser HD558 50ohm headphones with an asus strix z270f and my mboo's sound card can barely make them acceptably loud at max, when I could easily blow my ears out with my fiio E10K external dac/amp. Impedance is not the only thing that determines how hard headphones are to drive, there is also the sensitivity rating of the headphones which is how many db the headphones produce with 1mw of power from my understanding. If I had to guess kingston would not re brand and sell headphones advertised for gaming that will not work properly with most onboard sound cards, so it will likely work fine.

Solution