alantomjose

Estimable
Mar 31, 2015
I have a vaio s series laptop with i7 processor ,8gb ram and a nvidia gt 640m le graphics card .will it be able to handle gta v at normal or low settings?. It currently has windows 7 64bit OS which runs a bit slow. will it handle games better if I upgrade it to windows 8/8.1?Is there anything i can do to improve my gaming?

Thanks in advance!!!

alantomjose

Estimable
Mar 31, 2015

My cpu is i7-3520m with 2.9 GHz. Will i be able to play gta V on 720p with low textures?

alantomjose

Estimable
Mar 31, 2015

Thanks for the solution.It says my laptop can run gta v on www.systemrequirementslab.com .But could you please tell me how well I may be able to play it?Could you please mention a game which has graphics similar to gta v so that I can test to see how well I may be able to play it?Will lowering the graphics affect my online gameplay?

Thanks for the help.

Doomalikaw99

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014
Do not worry,you an run it at 1366*768 resolution and you can tweak up some graphic options too and you would stay at 30fps,and there's no game similar to GTA V graphics I think,but its requirements are lower than the current next gen games (shadow of mordor,dying light,Inquisition...)

I can't think of any game that is similar to this game. The gt 640m is not really designed for games and I don't know how good the cooling in your laptop is as this may cause throttling. Lowering the settings will help improve the frame rates. I would still say min to low settings is your best bet to play the game.

alantomjose

Estimable
Mar 31, 2015

Really!!!will the game maintain a30fps. so you say i should go ahead and buy gta v??
Thanks