Can not find ip of Wanscam AJ-C2WA-C198 ip camera

Rubeste231

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
Dear readers,

I have bought this camera about 2 years ago and it worked then. I recently tried to turn it on and install it, but i couln't find my CD so i downloaded the software from the wanscam website. I hooked my camera to a combinaiton of a modem and router (this is a new router) that also has a lan connection with my PC. I started up the searchtool but i couldn't find an ip adress. I have read a lot of instruction papers and tips on other sites. The camera does its tests and the green connection light stays on with the network light (orange) turning of and on. I resetted the camera and it did not work. I have no idea what i can do, so if someone wants to help me it would be nice.
Thanks for reading.

noidea_77

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012

What didn't work? You don't see the camera? Maybe becaus the DHCP server si disabled?

kanewolf

Judicious

Check the documentation to see if there is a way to factory reset the camera. Usually there is a button that is held down while powering up.

Here is the manufacturer's documentation -- http://www.wanscam.com/faq/howtoresetyourwanscamipcamera/

Rubeste231

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016

well the DHCP is on but i think it is a static ip. i have no clue if it is and i do not know how to figure that out.

Rubeste231

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016

I have used the reset button on the bottom of the camera and this didnt help.