Can open hardware monitor be faulty

chassie

Estimable
Apr 2, 2015
Hi,

I Just starten to use open hardware monitor to check the tempo on my new liquid cooler. Open hardware monitor tells me my cpu hit a 65°c, wich is strange because I should get a warning if my cpu hoes beyond 60°c . Could it be that open hardware monitor goes faulty or is this Just a short peak that doesn't trigger my warning ?

Thanks in advance

Solution
Could be either or it could be some problem with the + or - temperature settings or the measuring device.

If you can do so, move your CPU warning temperature down a degree at a time. Determine what temperature setting will truly trigger the expected alarm.

Then move it up a degree at a time to see if it detects and warns at the 65 C mark matching the hardware monitor.

If the temperature differences can be reconciled then that is explainable. If the temperature differences do not reconcile and/or the warning is not timely you may have a better sense of where the problem lies.
Could be either or it could be some problem with the + or - temperature settings or the measuring device.

If you can do so, move your CPU warning temperature down a degree at a time. Determine what temperature setting will truly trigger the expected alarm.

Then move it up a degree at a time to see if it detects and warns at the 65 C mark matching the hardware monitor.

If the temperature differences can be reconciled then that is explainable. If the temperature differences do not reconcile and/or the warning is not timely you may have a better sense of where the problem lies.

Solution