can someone help me? my laptop has no internet access but connected to wifi. my connection is "limited". So when i troubleshoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jslazanas

Estimable
Dec 4, 2015
can someone help me? my laptop has no internet access but connected to wifi. my connection is "limited". So when i troubleshoot and diagnosed the error, the detected problem says "the windows firewall rule HSS DNS Leak rule is blocking your connection". I checked my allowed app in firewall... google chrome and mozilla firefox is allowed. I did reset TCP/IP autotuning but it didn't work. I can only connect to the internet when my firewall is disabled which is my network is vulnerable to intrusions. my asus laptop's os is windows 8. someone help me please. any help would be appreciated. sorry for my bad grammar, i'm a filipino.

Solution
you could try right clicking on the wifi symbol, going into "open network and sharing center", "change adapter settings" and then disabling and re-enabling the wireless card. I have had a similar issue and that normally fixes my issue

CRITICALThinker

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
you could try right clicking on the wifi symbol, going into "open network and sharing center", "change adapter settings" and then disabling and re-enabling the wireless card. I have had a similar issue and that normally fixes my issue

Solution

jslazanas

Estimable
Dec 4, 2015
thank you, and it's fine. but i'm using windows defender as my antivirus, it is built-in when i purchased my laptop. do you think norton or McAfee works better than windows defender? so i have to switch.

jslazanas

Estimable
Dec 4, 2015
thanks. it helps. :)

Mike_276

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
I was having the same issues. I had an expired Norton 360. Once I Uninstalled Norton 360 I was able to connect. I re-install Norton 360 and everything is working ok. You may want to contact Norton they will help you solve your issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.