Solved! Can someone please help me with connecting a Panasonic Blu ray player to a Panasonic Plasm TV

Feb 14, 2021
I have tried using the HDMI cable, I can get the tv working fine, I can get a dvd picture fine but no sound. As soon as I turn the player on I lose the sound on the tv.

Solution
Thanks very much for your answer. I have tried a new HDMI cable, different ports etc all no good. The tv and player were bought together as a bundle a number of years ago. It is just so frustrating. I'll try different cables.

So this worked before or is this the first time you are using the player? You can try it on another TV also to see if it's the TV or the player. Even a computer monitor with speakers should work.
Feb 14, 2021
Some older TVs have issues with HDMI signals from some devices. Try another cable, test the player on a newer TV or on another HDMI input on your TV. I had an old HD TV that would play audio but no video from one DVD player I had.
Thanks very much for your answer. I have tried a new HDMI cable, different ports etc all no good. The tv and player were bought together as a bundle a number of years ago. It is just so frustrating. I'll try different cables.

So this worked before or is this the first time you are using the player? You can try it on another TV also to see if it's the TV or the player. Even a computer monitor with speakers should work.

Solution